Residence Halls Close
May 11, 2017
7:00 am-8:00 pm
With 7,000 students who live in residence halls moving out on Thursday, the university will adjust traffic patterns for the day to accommodate the heavy flow.
The following adjustments will be made:
- Hicks Way will be converted to a one-way road entering from Governor’s Drive and exiting to Massachusetts Avenue.
- Fearing Street will be converted to a one-way road between University Drive and Sunset Avenue, with cars entering from University Drive.
- Sunset Avenue will be converted to a one-way road between Fearing Street and Massachusetts Avenue, with cars entering via Massachusetts Avenue and exiting onto Fearing Street.
- Traffic on Hicks Way as well as traffic from Southwest will be routed to exit past Lot 71 to Massachusetts Avenue.
- Sylvan Drive will be converted to two one-way roads, with both entrances on Eastman Lane exiting behind Sylvan to North Residential Drive.
View a map of all traffic pattern changes here.
Traffic around campus will be heavy. Pedestrians should be cautious and be sure to use crosswalks.
The increased traffic on Massachusetts Avenue will cause delays getting into and exiting Lot 71.
Staff planning to enjoy lunch at a dining common will not be able to park in or near residential areas. To avoid traffic, staff are encouraged to walk to dining locations.
For more information, call Residential Life at 413/545-2100.