Panel: 'Running a Successful Lab: Lessons from the Trenches'
May 16, 2017
UMass Amherst Campus
All faculty are invited to attend a program examining these questions: What does a successful lab look like? How does your team help to accomplish the goals of your research? What are your expectations for your students? What is your management style?
Learn about effective strategies from a panel of faculty investigators with productive research labs: Dhandapani Venkataraman (Chemistry), Lynn Adler, (Biology), Rick Pilsner (Environmental Health Sciences), and Lynne McLandsborough (Food Science). Maureen Perry-Jenkins (Psychological and Brain Sciences) will moderate the panel and discussion.
Panelists will talk about the mistakes they’ve made and lessons learned and best practices to:
- Create and support successful research teams
- Cultivate a positive and productive atmosphere
- Leverage different working styles and skills
- Facilitate and improve communication among a diverse team
- Efficiently integrate undergraduates in research in meaningful ways
- Track the budget
The Campus Center is located in the middle of campus at 1 Campus Center Way. Parking is available in the Campus Center Garage.