Panel: 'Reproductive Justice: Bridging Activism and Politics'
April 18, 2017
UMass Amherst Campus
UMass Students for Reproductive Justice present a panel discussion on the intersection of reproductive justice activism and politics on a state and local level. While many believe Massachusetts' progressive tendencies will be enough to protect our residents as the federal government continues to strip away rights and protections, the truth is that both activists and politicians are going to have to work closely together in the State in order to truly guarantee equitable access to reproductive health care for all.
- Cory Ellen Gatrall, a sexual and reproductive health RN and
organizer of the forth-coming Western MA Abortion Doula project
- Rep. Ellen Story, the former Representative for the Hampshire Third District
- Laura Briggs, Professor and Chair of the Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Department at UMass Amherst
- Marisa Pizii, Co-Director of the Prison Birth Project
- Mason Dunn, President of the Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition
The Campus Center is located in the middle of campus at 1 Campus Center Way. Parking is available in the Campus Center Garage.