Open Access: Redefining Impact
October 21, 2013
3:00 pm-4:00 pm
Library, W.E.B. Du Bois
UMass Amherst Campus
We are pleased to announce the lineup of speakers for the SPARC/World Bank Global Open Access Week kickoff event.
This event features a 60-minute panel discussion on the topic of “Open Access: Redefining Impact.” Panelists representing a diverse set of stakeholders – scientific researchers, publishers, technologists and policy makers – will examine the potential positive impacts that can result when research results are shared freely in the digital environment.
The panel, moderated by SPARC Executive Director Heather Joseph, features:
• Dr. Stefano Bertuzzi, Executive Director of the American Society for Cell Biology (ASCB)
• Brett Bobley, Chief Information Officer for the National Endowment for the Humanities
• Dr. Kathleen Fitzpatrick, Director of Scholarly Communication of the Modern Language Association
• Dr. Michael Stebbins, Assistant Director for Biotechnology in the Science Division of the White House Office of Science & Technology Policy
• Dr. Cameron Neylon, Advocacy Director for Public Library of Science