Nominations Accepted for 2019 Commencement 21st Century Leaders Award
November 23—February 1, 2019
Deadline extended to Feb. 1.
The University of Massachusetts Amherst seeks nominations of graduating seniors for the 21st Century Leaders Award.
This award recognizes the strong academic record and exemplary achievement of undergraduate students who further distinguished their intellectual accomplishments, and enhanced the reputation of the University by contributing to the campus community in one or more of the following ways:
- Demonstrating strong leadership qualities, characterized by the ability to unite and inspire others toward positive action
- Expanding the intellectual climate of their academic area through noteworthy original research
- Markedly improving the quality of life for others through community service, either internal to the University or beyond the borders of our campus
- Advancing the teaching mission of the University as an exceptional undergraduate teaching assistant whose efforts continually motivate others to learn
- Exemplifying perseverance and courage by overcoming extraordinary personal obstacles through resolve and a determination to excel
- Participating in the demands of public presentations, either by exhibiting a truly inspiring caliber of artistic talent, through creation or performance, or by excelling in the competitive demands of athleticism
Up to ten students will be awarded the 21st Century Leaders Award at the 2019 Commencement Ceremony. Recipients will receive a plaque and an award of $1,000 from the UMass Amherst Alumni Association.
If you have questions, please contact the Office of External Relations and University Events, which coordinates this award, at 413-577-1101 or firstname.lastname@example.org.