Enter 2016 #UMassFallPhoto Contest — Win Prizes
October 11—October 31, 2016
You've waited all year for this.
It's the annual UMass Amherst Fall Photo Contest.
Submit your best photos of UMass Amherst to Instagram with the hashtag #UMassFallPhoto — three winners will each receive Amazon gift cards.
How to enter, how to win, how not to be disqualified:
1. Take your best shots of the UMass Amherst campus in fall. Photos must be taken between September 1 and October 31, 2016. Photos deemed to be taken outside of this time and not on the UMass Amherst campus will be disqualified.
2. Photos will be judged by multiple criteria, including: 1) Photographic and artistic quality. Note that excessive and obvious use of filters rarely results in a more artistic photo. 2) Integration of the campus into the photo. The judges are looking photos that are obviously taken on campus. 3) Unique point of view. We all know how beautiful the view of the campus can be from the 23rd floor of the Du Bois Library. Think of shooting something different.
3. Post your photos to Instagram using #umassfallphoto . Submissions are only through Instagram. Do not email photos, or post to Facebook or other social media. This is an Instagram only contest.
4. Photos must be your own work or accurately credited with the name of the photographer if it's not you. Prizes will be awarded to the photographer, not to the submitter. Photos that are judged to not be your own work or property credited as someone else's work, will be disqualified from the contest.
5. For best results, use filters thoughtfully, if at all.
6. Photos posted with #umassfallphoto may be used by UMass Amherst in print or online publications in perpetuity. When feasible, credit will be given to the photographer, but this is not always possible.
7. The contest is open to all.
8. Submit as many photos as you want.
9. To make it easy for us to give credit where credit is due, if possible please include your full name in your Instagram post.
10. Three winners will each receive $30 Amazon gift cards. A photographer may have multiple photos selected as finalists but each photographer can only win one prize. Contest winners will be announced on Friday, November 4, 2016.
The winners and finalists will be included in a photo gallery to be posted on official UMass Amherst social media.
During the month of October, while the contest is running, selected photo entries may be shared on UMass Amherst social media, including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Need some inspiration? Check out the finalists from last year's #umassfallphoto contest at http://tinyurl.com/hg8oexc