Debate: 'Should America Become A Socialist Country? Yes, No, and In-Between'
October 8, 2019
UMass Amherst Campus
UMass Amherst history professor Dan Gordon and the University Union present a debate on the meaning of "socialism" and its pros and cons.
• Andrew Donson (Department of History, UMass)
• Gerald Friedman (Department of Economics, UMass)
• Leonore Palladino (Department of Economics, UMass)
• Chirag Lala (Department of Economics, UMass)
• James Miller (Economics, Smith College)
The even will consist of 3-5 minute presentations, followed by debate and questions.
Organized by Professor Daniel Gordon with the University Union, a student debating club presided over by Katrina Lamkin. The speakers are appearing for free and there is no funding source for this event.
Early arrival recommended!