A Celebration of the Institute for Social Science Research (ISSR)
September 16, 2019
12:00 pm-1:30 pm
UMass Amherst Campus
The social science community is welcomed to attend the "Celebration of ISSR" event.
We invite you to celebrate the Institute for Social Science Research (ISSR) and the pivotal role it plays in supporting social science research across UMass Amherst and beyond. ISSR serves faculty and students across campus, including those from the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, the College of Natural Sciences, the College of Education, the School of Public Health and Health Sciences, the Isenberg School of Management, College of Humanities and Fine Arts, and the College of Nursing.
Laurel Smith-Doerr served as the Inaugural Director of ISSR beginning in 2013, building it into the vibrant center it is today. This social gathering will celebrate outgoing Director Smith-Doerr's tenure and many accomplishments, welcome ISSR’s new Director, Professor Joya Misra, and highlight the institute's exciting future.
Come hear about the impact of ISSR and its future from:
- Kumble R. Subbaswamy, Chancellor
- Laurel Smith-Doerr, outgoing Director of ISSR
- John A. Hird, Dean of the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Shlomo Zilberstein, Professor of Computer Science and Associate Dean for Research and Engagement in the College of Information and Computer Sciences
- Jennifer Normanly, Chair, and Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- M.V. Lee Badgett, Professor of Economics and Public Policy
- Joya Misra, Director of ISSR
After brief remarks by speakers listed, enjoy hors d'oeuvres and socializing with members of the social science community at UMass.