Resources for TESOL Certificate Students
Resources for Careers in TESOL
Whether you are interested in traveling the world or teaching in your own community, earning a TESOL Certificate is a first step to entering the exciting world of teaching English to speakers of other languages.
Below you will find a list of resources related to pursing your career in TESOL. We also offer a Career Workshop (online access) each spring to our current students.
A TESOL Certificate will allow you to pursue some of the following career opportunities:
- Teaching EFL in private or public schools overseas*
- Teaching English for Specific Purposes in various contexts
- Teaching in community ESL programs in the U.S.
- Tutoring ESL/EFL students online through various platforms
- Tutoring in community-based programs
- Applying to/Teaching in the English Language Fellows Program
- Applying to/Teaching in the Peace Corps
- Working in TESOL materials development
- Working in TESOL testing/placement
- Working in TESOL publishing contexts
*Our Certificate does not prepare students for teaching ESL in U.S. K-12 contexts.
Curious what some of our recent TESOL Certificate Alumni are doing now? Here of some of the recent jobs they have accepted:
- Teaching international students in a university Intensive English Program
- Teaching English in a private language school overseas
- Teaching immigrants/international students in community programs
- Working as a testing/placement coordinator