American Culture & Language Program
Improve your English while learning about American culture!
The ACLP is a fun, conversationally-based program that introduces American cultural concepts with English language support.
The program is open to all UMass, Amherst, & surrounding community members who speak English as an additional language.
Each meeting will be highly interactive and focus on cultural concepts, idiomatic expressions, vocabulary, and (if appropriate) grammar review.
Enroll for Fall 2023 now!
You can also register at any time during the semester.
$95.00 (per semester)
Click the link to pay through the UMass QuikPay system. Once you send the payment, you will recieve an automated payment email. Check the classroom below for which level you would like to take and bring your payment confirmation email with you to the first class you attend.
Classes meet face-to-face once a week on Wednesday evenings from 6pm to 8pm.
Fall meeting dates: (10 class meetings in total)
Sept 20, 27, Oct 4, 11, 18, 25, Nov 1, 8, 15, 29
All class meetings take place on the UMass Amherst campus.
Intermediate Level: Bartlett Hall, Room 035 (Basement Level)
Advanced Level: Bartlett Hall, Room 003 (Basement Level)
- Classes are non-refundable
- Classes are for adult language learners (18+)
- Ongoing registration is allowed throughout the semester
- Anyone in the Pioneer Valley area who is an English as an additonal language learner can enroll
- Participants self-select which level they would like to take
- Participants cannot sit in on class without payment first, bring your payment confirmation to the first class you attend
- Each class is team taught by two instructors who have been trained in the UMass Amherst TESOL Certificate program