The University of Massachusetts Amherst
HFA - College of Humanities & Fine Arts view HFA submenu

Teaching Paths

There are many different teaching paths that English majors can pursue. Click below to learn more.

You are strongly encouraged to visit the School of Education (121 Furcolo Hall) to speak with an advisor and discuss your goals. All of the teaching paths require planning and in some cases special course work, so the sooner you plan, the better prepared you will be.

Students seeking licensure information for any of the teaching pathways should contact or 413-545-2002.