Scholarships and Awards
The English Department awards several scholarships and prizes each spring to recognize exceptional achievements of English majors:
- The Cleo Zoukis Ploussious Scholarship
- The Frank Prentice Rand Scholarship
- The William M. Bulger Scholarship
- The General John A. and Evangeline W. Maginnis Scholarship
- The W. Scott Jeffery Award
The spring 2019 English scholarships are now live and any English major in good academic standing may apply for one.
To apply, please complete the attached scholarship form and turn in to the English undergradaute office located in E345 South College by no later than 4 PM Thursday, March 7, 2019.
There are also many opportunities for English majors to receive scholarships and awards through the College of Humanities and Fine Arts (CHFA) and the University. In past semesters, English majors have received such prestigious awards as
- the 21st Century Leaders Award (given in recognition of exemplary achievement and strong leadership qualities),
- the College of Humanities and Fine Arts Scholarships (awarded on the basis of academic merit and extracurricular achievements), and
- the William F. Field Alumni Scholars Program (for students who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement and unique skills in the areas of art, athletics, research or service to the community).
To see a complete list of scholarships and for more information, visit the HFA scholarships page.