Scholarships and Awards
The English Department awards several scholarships and prizes each spring to recognize exceptional achievements of English majors:
- The Cleo Zoukis Ploussious Scholarship
- The Frank Prentice Rand Scholarship
- The William M. Bulger Scholarship
- The General John A. and Evangeline W. Maginnis Scholarship
- The W. Scott Jeffery Award
There are also many opportunities for English majors to receive scholarships and awards through the College of Humanities and Fine Arts (CHFA) and the University. In past semesters, English majors have received such prestigious awards as
- the 21st Century Leaders Award (given in recognition of exemplary achievement and strong leadership qualities),
- the College of Humanities and Fine Arts Scholarships (awarded on the basis of academic merit and extracurricular achievements), and
- the William F. Field Alumni Scholars Program (for students who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement and unique skills in the areas of art, athletics, research or service to the community).
To see a complete list of scholarships and for more information, visit the HFA scholarships page.