Careers & Internships
The English major prepares students to write and speak well, to think analytically and critically, and to solve problems quickly, all of which are required and sought after in today's 21st century job market.
To help you decide where to direct your skills, we hold workshops, sponsor internships, and run a Careers seminar.
- Internships for English majors
- Internship stories: hear about past students' internship experiences
- Careers seminar: The Major and Beyond (Greve, 2 credits)
- Specializations can help you to develop marketable skills in writing, editing, and digital technology
- Portfolios: view sample student portfolios
- Career advising services
- Resume, Cover Letter, and Job Interview Tips
- How to set up your Handshake account
- Join the official LinkedIn group for UMass English
- Alumni Mentors: Learn how to connect with alumni
- Career Prep Timeline
- For faculty: How to sponsor a credited internship