UMass Amherst sends emergency text messages with time-sensitive notifications to the subscribers’ cell phones. Text alerts are a part of the UMass Amherst Emergency Alerts system, a multimethod campus-wide emergency alert system.
How To Sign Up for Alerts
Students, Faculty & Staff
- Login to SPIRE.
- Click the Profile tile icon.
- In the Sign Up for Alerts, enter your cell phone number(s).
Parents and Guardians
- Text UMassAlert to 78015.
- You will receive emergency alert text messages indefinitely.
- You may text UMassAlert to 78015 to receive emergency alert text messages indefinitely.
- Or you may text UMassAlertsGuest to 78015 to receive text alerts for 3 days. You will be automatically removed after 3 days.
About Text Alert Messages
UMass Amherst does not charge for this service. Your mobile phone company may charge for text messages. Message and data rates may apply. Text messages are sent on an as-needed basis.