We rely on technology to perform our daily functions, both personally and at UMass Amherst. It is important to be aware of potential threats, such as cyber attacks, viruses, and identity theft.
- Visit UMass IT for tips on how to protect your computer.
- Use anti-virus and anti-malware software. Visit IT Security Center for available products.
- Update your computer's software and operating system as soon as upgrades become available.
Use good password practices, such as:
- Use unique passwords with a variety of alpha-numeric characters.
- Do not include personal information, such as name or date of birth.
- Avoid reusing passwords in multiple applications.
- Use UMass Networks for your campus wireless connections.