Doctoral, Ed.S. and M.Ed. Students:
March 31, 2021 by 4:30 pm is the deadline to email forms to Academic Affairs in order to file to graduate at the May 14, 2021 degree period as detailed below. Up-to-date degree forms are found on our College of Education website with specific Doctoral, Ed.S. and M.Ed. links at: https://www.umass.edu/education/current-students/milestones.
M.Ed. and Ed.S. students should email the following corresponding degree forms on/before March 31, 2021 by 4:30 pm and follow form completion instructions detailed on each:
- Master’s Degree (M.Ed.): Typed and signed M.Ed. Degree Eligibility Form (Non-thesis Students) and Form M-2
- Education Specialist Degree (Ed.S.): Typed and signed Ed.S. Degree Eligibility Form and Form ES-2
You sign the M.Ed. or Ed.S. degree eligibility form; you and your advisor sign the Form M-2 or Form ES-2
Doctoral students – Your Form D-8 Announcement of Final Oral Exam and draft dissertation are due 4 weeks plus 2 business days by 10am before the date of your final oral exam. Follow form completion instructions detailed on the forms.
- 3/24/2021 is the last day to defend for the 5/14/2021 degree period in order to have time to make necessary edits.
- 3/31/2021 by 4:30 pm is the deadline to email your typed Doctoral Degree Eligibility Form, typed Form D-9 (Result of Final Oral Examination), and signature page to Academic Affairs for the 5/14/2021 degree period.
- 4/14/2021 by 4:30 pm is the Graduate School deadline to electronically submit your Survey of Earned Doctorates and to electronically submit your final dissertation to Scholarworks.