Congratulations! We are excited that you will be joining us at the University of Massachusetts and would like again to welcome you to the Economics program. More information about the department, the university and the Umass community is provided below. If you have additional questions let us know. When you arrive in Amherst, please come to the Economics Department located in Crotty Hall and introduce yourself.
Fall Open House
September 9, 2020 - 4:00pm-5:00pm ET - Mark your calendars
Your first step as a new student is to register for orientation and set up your email.
Academic Advising for Economics Majors
Introduction to the Economics Department
- Welcome letter from the Department Chair
- Economics Department Home Page
- Crotty Hall
- Gordon Hall
- Questions? Let us know!
- Health Safety measures in classroms in Fall 2020
- New Students Orientation
- For Freshman
- For Transfers
- Assistive Technology Department
- Disability Services
International students should visit the International Student Orientation (ISO) website for information on maintaining student visas, obtaining a social security number and other documents and regulations.
Sample Class Schedules
- There are no specific requirements for laptops or tablets for Economic majors. We recommend whichever works best for your budget and comfort level.
- The Amherst Chamber of Commerce has a web page designed especially for people new to the area. There is information on local restaurants, shopping, housing, and recreation, as well as maps.
- The Amherst Business Improvement District (BID) is a nonprofit economic development organization comprised of local property owners dedicated to providing programs and services that serve the town’s residents and businesses.