Honors and Awards:
- Kellogg Foundation Grant, 2017-2020
- National Science Foundation Grant, 2013-2016
- Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, 2012-2014
- Healey Endowment Grant, 2012-2013
- SADRI Social Science Research Scholar Grant, 2012-2013
- Michael W. Huber Fellowship Grant, 2011
- Proposal Preparation Grant, College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, University of Massachusetts Amherst, 2011
- Sheridan-Barber Grant, University of Massachusetts Amherst, 2009
- College of Social and Behavioral Sciences Research Grant, University of Massachusetts Amherst, 2009
- Mellon Foundation Mutual Mentoring Individual Micro Grant, 2008 - 2009
- Mellon Foundation Mutual Mentoring Departmental Grant, 2008 - 2009
- University of Massachusetts Amherst College of Social and Behavioral Sciences Travel Grants, 2008, 2009, 2011
How Did Employee Ownership Firms Weather the Last Two Recessions? Employee Ownership, Employment Stability, and Firm Survival: 1999-2011 (with Douglas Kruse), February 2017, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
"An Empirical Analysis of Risk, Incentives and the Delegation of Worker Authority" (with Jed L. DeVaro), Industrial and Labor Relations Review, Vol. 63, No. 4 (July 2010), pp. 641-661.
"What Types of Diversity Benefit Workers? Empirical Evidence on the Effects of Co-Worker Dissimilarity on the Performance of Employees", Industrial Relations, Vol. 50, No. 4. (October 2011), pp. 678-712.
"Worker Attitudes Towards Employee Ownership, Profit Sharing and Variable Pay", (with Douglas Kruse and Joseph Blasi), Advances in the Economic Analysis of Participatory and Labor Managed Firms, Vol. 12, 2011, pp. 143-168.
"Affirmative Action and the Occupational Advancement of Minorities and Women During 1973-2003", Industrial Relations, forthcoming.
"Do Women Top Managers Help Women Advance? A Panel Study Using EEO-1 Records" (with Don Tomaskovic-Devey), Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science, forthcoming.
"Risk Preferences, Compensation Risk, and Worker Outcomes" (with Douglas Kruse and Joseph Blasi), 2011 Annual LERA Research Volume: Employee Ownership and Shared Capitalism: New Directions and Debates for the 21st Century, Cornell University ILR Press, 2011, pp. 147-176.
"What Types of Organizations Benefit from Team Production, and How Do They Benefit?" (with Jed L. DeVaro), Advances in the Economic Analysis of Participatory and Labor Managed Firms, Vol. 9, 2006, pp. 3-56 (lead article).
"The Impact of Affirmative Action on the Employment of Women and Minorities Over Three Decades: 1973-2003", in progress.
"How Did Employee Ownership Firms Weather the Last Two Recessions? Employee Ownership and Employment Stability" (with Douglas Kruse), in progress.
"The Impact of Eliminating Affirmative Action on Minority and Female Employment and Occupational Representation: A Natural Experiment Approach Using State-level Affirmative Action Laws", in progress.