RESEARCH PARTICIPANTS NEEDED
The Quality of Life Among High School Students with Autism
Researchers at the University of Massachusetts Amherst are interested in your experiences, interests and what you think plays a significant role in your current life, employment, use of technology, education, and use of your free time. Your participation is confidential.
Participants will receive a $10 gift card to Target for taking part in this study!
You may qualify for this study if you are:
- Between 14 to 17 years of age
- Currently enrolled in high-school
- A student with Autism
You will be asked to complete a short survey on a secure site. If you agree to participate and meet inclusion criteria, you will be given a link to the survey. The survey will take approximately 20 minutes to complete. Your responses will help us gain information about the daily life of high-school students with Autism and Social Communicative Disorder.
For further information, please contact Dr. Mary Andrianopoulos at 413-545-0551 or the Research Assistant, Andrea Freedman at email@example.com
Click Here to view the Parent Consent Form.
Once Parent completes Consent Form, link is forward to teenager.
Prosody and Motor Speech Characteristics in Children with Autism
CHILDREN with AUTISM
We are studying speech and language characteristics of children with Autism. If you have a child with Autism, your child might qualify if:
- are between 4 to 8 years of age and diagnosed with Autism
- have no cranio-facial or other structural differences (e.g., cleft palate)
- vocalize (communicate with at least 10 words orally and at least 50 words using some other form of communication, such as PECS, ASL, AT/AAC, etc.)
- have no known uncorrected hearing or visual deficits
- have no history within the past 6 months of self-injury or injury to others or damage to property
Participants will be paid $25 upon completion of all testing.
The study requires 1 session (approximately 1 hour). All testing will take place on the University of Massachusetts-Amherst campus. We will give rewards (parent/guardian approved items) such as stickers to make the experience fun and rewarding for your child. Test findings will be forwarded to the parent/guardian at their request.
For further information, please contact Dr. Mary Andrianopoulos or Alyssa Lewandowski at firstname.lastname@example.org at (413) 545-0551