The Institute hosts monthly group meetings. Participants give short presentations about their research, get feedback, and look for collaborative partners. Lunch is provided. Please contact us if you would like to participate in any of our research groups.
Learning & Work
February Learning Group Seminar
- Kathy Aidala (Physics, Mount Holyoke College) - "Broadening participation in STEAM through a liberal arts makerspace at a traditionally women’s college"
- Melissa Paciulli (STEM Starter Academy, Holyoke Community College) - "Examining Neurodiversity in the Arbella Human Performance Lab at UMass Amherst: Creating a Learner Focused Training Program for ADHD Teens"
March Learning Group Seminar
- Sara Whitcomb (Education) - "Feedback for the Future"
- Keisha Green (Education) - "Centerin' Black and Brown Youth in Racial and Educational Justice"
April Learning Group Seminar
- Jeff Starns (PBS) & John Vargas (PBS) - "Facilitating Student’s Understanding of Probability Concepts: Interviews at Landmark College"
- April Burrage (Economics) - "Gender Differences in Prosocial Motives and STEM Entrepreneurship: Evidence from NSF I-Corps"
February Health Group Seminar
- Emily Kumpel (Engineering) - "Safe, reliable, sustainable water and sanitation services for all"
March Health Group Seminar
- David Cort (Sociology) - "Racial and Ethnic Differences in South African Residential Mobility and Locational Attainment: Theory and Structure of New Research"
- Raji Balasubramanian (Biostatistics) - Research in HIV/AIDS & Metabolomics in Women's Health
April Health Group Seminar
- Susan Shaw (Community Health Education) - "Breastfeeding supports in the US: resources, gaps, and opportunities for equity"
- Sarah Gonzalez-Nahm (Nutrition) - Center for Community Health Equity Research (CCHER)
February Climate Group Seminar
- Care Anderson (Environmental Conservation) - "Learning from and with soils in a changing climate"
- Carey Clouse (Architecture, LARP) - "Design Adaptation: charting the practice and process of under-represented interventionists"
March Climate Group Seminar
- Krista Harper (Anthropology) - "How do community members’ opinions about fairness, access, and the pricing of electricity impact their electricity consumption choices?"
- Chris Crago (Resources Economics) - "The role of risk and time preferences in solar PV adoption decisions"
April Climate Group Seminar
- Jim Boyce (Economics) - "Green for All: Integrating Air Quality and Environmental Justice into the Clean Energy Transition"
- Eric Thomas (Environmental Conservation) - "Nadie nos pesca: Connecting Human Rights and Environmental Justice in Southern Chile"