Bias & Crisis Support

UMass has several methods through which you can report an incident of bias or receive support. If you are not looking to report a specific incident and instead are looking for support systems please review the list of organizations and resources on campus below to identify the best place to start. If you need someone to talk to confidentially, seek out our resources for mental health and support. If you need more information, please visit the UMatter@UMass website. They have compiled a comprehensive list of to help you through any difficult situation.

Learn about reporting options

Information, Consultation, and Support

  • Center for Women and Community
    New Africa House
    Phone: 413-545-0883
    The Center for Women and Community’s 24-hour hotline is always available, please call 413-545-0800 if you'd like to speak with a counselor regarding sexual assault.
  • Dean of Students Office 
    227 Whitmore​​
    (413) 545-2684 
    The Dean of Students Office responds to individual student needs and concerns, providing the support, resources and referrals they may need to succeed at UMass Amherst.
  • Ombuds Office
    Campus Center, Room 823
    Phone: 413-545-0867
    The Ombuds Office is a unique place where all current UMass Amherst students, faculty and staff can talk "off the record" about any campus concern, issue or conflict.
  • Student Legal Services Office
    922 Campus Center
    Phone: 413-545-1995 
    The Student Legal Services Office (SLSO) provides legal assistance to fee-paying UMass Amherst students and student groups.   
  • Title IX at UMass Amherst
    Office of Equal Opportunity
    225 Bartlett Hall
    Phone: 413-545-3464
    The Title IX web resource compiles all of the resources and supports available to anyone who reports an experience of gender discrimination, sexual harassment, or other sexual misconduct.  
  • UMass Amherst Police Department (UMPD)
    585 East Pleasant Street
    Non-Emergency Number: 413-545-2121
  • University Health Services
    150 Infirmary Way
    Phone: 413-577-5000​
    UHS is a designated Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) site, providing confidential, compassionate services for female, male and transgender survivors. 

Mental Health and Support

  • Center for Counseling and Psychological Health (CCPH)
    Middlesex House, 111 County Circle
    Phone: 413-545-2337 
    Center for Counseling and Psychological Health is staffed by licensed mental health providers and  available 24 hours a day to provide crisis intervention services and assessment.
  • Faculty and Staff Assistance Program (FSAP)
    202-205 Middlesex House 
    Phone: 413-545-0350
    The Faculty and Staff Assistance Program (FSAP) is a free and confidential counseling, consultation, and referral service that assists employees in resolving personal, work-related, and family problems.

Support Groups

View all student support groups offered through the Center for Counseling and Psychological Health.