STRIDE (Strategies and Tactics for Recruiting to Improve Diversity and Excellence) workshops are intended for faculty members with an important role in faculty recruitment efforts (e.g., search committee chairs and members, and other key faculty). This two-hour training reviews research driven best practices to recruit for diversity and excellence across every stage in the search process and is designed to help faculty produce diverse candidate pools and run effective searches by:
- Getting great applications from the best applicants
- Developing a strong short list
- Managing the visit
- Choosing and attracting the best candidate.
Starting in Fall 2019, STRIDE is required for all faculty involved in search committees, and access to candidate files will only be granted upon completion of the training. Exceptions to this will be made only at the discretion of your school/college dean. Training is valid for a three -year period, after which it will have to be renewed.
To promote small-group discussion and interaction, workshops are capped at 40 participants.
View a preview of the workshop here.
Please note: this is not the full presentation. Complete handouts of the presentation will be emailed to participants after the workshop.
Spring 2020 Workshop Schedule
- Tuesday, February 11, 2020, 10:00am-12:00pm, Campus Center 904-08 | CLOSED
- Thursday, February 20, 2020, 2:00-4:00pm, Campus Center 904-08 | CLOSED
- Monday, March 9, 2020, 1:00-3:00pm, Campus Center 904-08 | CLOSED
- Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 10:00am-12:00pm, Campus Center 165-69 | Register