Our Mission is to support the professional life and well-being of UMass Amherst international faculty and staff. We aim to provide opportunities for community building, professional development, advocacy, and resources. Moreover, we strive to highlight, promote, and celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusion of all UMass international faculty and staff. Through collaborative partnerships with other campus groups and units, we seek to connect all stakeholders to further our mission.
- To facilitate making the UMass Amherst campus an attractive destination point, and a welcoming place to work for international faculty and staff.
- To promote diversity, equity, and inclusion at UMass Amherst.
- To further ensure the inclusion of UMass Amherst international faculty and staff in the university’s outreach and engagement efforts.
- To help creating a safer space for international faculty and staff from across campus and to facilitate building connections with each other.
- To assist new arrivals in their transition to UMass Amherst and the US; support current members in their work and family life; and recognize the skills, talents, and contributions they bring to our institution.
- To provide accessible support and resources by addressing a variety of professional and personal needs of members