Reporting Options

If you, or someone you know, has experienced an act of hate, please report it and get support. Reporting hateful acts enables us to track incidents, observe patterns, and take corrective steps. In addition to the online reporting mechanism, UMass has several methods through which you can report a hateful act that we have compiled here. If you are not sure which to use, just choose the method or form that you are most comfortable with.


Emergencies: Call 911 or (413) 545-3111

Anonymous Reporting

Anonymous Tip Line
UMPD operates an Anonymous Tip Line to allow you to anonymously and confidentially report security and safety related concerns and to provide UMPD with tips about criminal incidents or suspicious activities.

Anonymous Witness Form
If you see or hear something that you think we should know, please report it. You may either use the Anonymous Witness Form or call UMPD at (413) 545-2121.

Non-Emergency Incidents (Forms)

Student Support Request/Referral
Students who have experienced or witness bias activity may seek support and/or be referred to the Dean of Students Office via the Student Support Request/Referral online form.

Student Conduct and Community Standards Office
If you believe the incident is violation of the Code of Student Conduct you are encouraged to submit a Student Conduct Referral to the Student Conduct and Community Standards Office.

Office of Equal Opportunity
Paper forms may be picked up and submitted through the EO office.

Climate Incident Report
Use this form when reporting climate incidents that have negatively impacted you and the community, and/or are contrary to the University of Massachusetts values and codes of conduct.

Sexual Assault and Sexual Harassment

Title IX website provides reporting forms, referrals and information about sexual assault

Center for Women and Community 24 Hour Sexual Assault Crisis and Information Hotline: 413-545-0800 TTY: 413-577-0940

Massachusetts Attorney General Civil Rights Hotline

Victims of hate crimes can file a civil rights complaint with the Attorney General’s Office or call the office’s special hotline at 1-800-994-3228.