The ADVANCE Program is pleased to solicit nominations and applications for the ADVANCE Faculty Fellows to begin in academic year 2019-2020.
Faculty Fellows will partner with the ADVANCE-IT Team, providing recommendations and feedback about ADVANCE programming and resources, and promoting ADVANCE program efforts in their departments. We seek one faculty member from each department for a twelve-month term.
As members of the ADVANCE Advisory Committee, Advance Faculty Fellows will:
- Promote the activities of the ADVANCE Program for Collaboration & Equity
- Attend one meeting each semester with the ADVANCE Team
- Provide feedback on programming, and suggest additional programming or ADVANCE investments
- Send notices out to their department members about upcoming ADVANCE events
- Meet with faculty being recruited and inform them of ADVANCE Program activities
- Encourage department members to apply for collaborative research seed grants and ADVANCE Mutual Mentoring Team grants.
- Cultivate other faculty members from their departments to become future ADVANCE Faculty Fellows
- Remain a resource for ADVANCE after term has expired
- Be recognized at UMass Amherst Faculty Honors Recognition Dinner
- Attend one dinner with campus leaders, recognizing your work as an Advance Faculty Fellow
Please send a brief 1-page letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your C.V.; nominations are also encouraged. Please send the name, email address, and C.V. of the person you are nominating as well as a brief rationale for why they would be ideal to serve.
Current Advance Faculty Fellows
- Elena Carbone, SPHHS, Nutrition
- Rachel Walker, Nursing, Nursing
- Sonya Atalay, SBS, Anthropology
- Paul Katz, CNS, Biology
- Jessica Schiffman, COE, Chemical Engineering
- Michael Knapp, CNS, Chemistry
- Kara Peterman, COE, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Leda Cooks, SBS, Communication
- Ina Ganguli, SBS, Economics
- Michele Cooke, CNS, Geosciences
- Joshua Braun, SBS, Journalism
- Marta Calas, ISOM, Management
- Govind Srimathveeravalli, COE, Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
- Elizabeth Sharrow, SBS, Political Science
- Nathalie Lavoie, SBS , Resource Economics
- Don Tomaskovic-Devey, SBS, Sociology