How to schedule exam appointments in the Exam Proctoring Center (EPC) Revised 10/23
EPC Hours: Monday: 8am-5pm Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 8am-7pm Friday: 8am-5pm
After your accommodation notifications are sent to your instructors, you are responsible to speak with each instructor to determine if you will take exams directly with them, or in the EPC. If you together determine the EPC, your exam booking requests MUST be submitted at least five business-days before the exam. Plan ahead - book all exams for the semester so you know it’s done and you can concentrate on the exam itself (not remembering to book them!)
• Verify the course’s exam schedule from your syllabus
• Select “Clockwork for Students” on the Disability Services website (umass.edu/disability)
• Select “Book a Test”
• Select “Schedule a test, mid-term” from the left-side menu. The EPC is not able to proctor quizzes.
• Log-in with your Spire Username and Password
• Follow the Online Exam Proctoring Requests wizard that will guide you through how to schedule.
• Complete all pages, click the Acknowledgement and select Finish. Your exam will remain Tentative until it is processed and Booked.
• Select “My Calendar” in “Clockwork for Students” on the Disability Services website to check the status and appointment details. If you encounter any challenges using Clockwork to schedule your exams, you can email email@example.com or visit the EPC (169A Whitmore) for scheduling assistance.
Important Notes • It is expected that you schedule your proctored exam so it overlaps with the standard exam time.
• Bring your UCard photo ID, mask, pencil(s) and any other pre-approved items to your exam appointment
• Please try to use the restroom before staring your exam. If you do need to use the restroom during exam administration, be aware that a proctor will escort you.
• If you need to take an exam that does not match or overlap the standard exam time, (conflicts, make-up, etc.) follow the separate instructions for "How to Schedule Exam Conflicts".
How to Schedule Exam Conflicts (revised 10/23)
After your accommodation notifications are sent to your instructors, it is your responsibility to speak with each instructor well in advance of your exams to determine where you will be taking them - either directly with your your instructor, or, in Disability Services’ Exam Proctoring Center (EPC). If you determine you will take an exam in the EPC, your exam booking request MUST be submitted at least 5 business-days in advance of the exam.
Students testing in the EPC are required to schedule exams at the same, or an overlapping, time that the rest of the class is taking the exam. If you have a conflict, a make-up exam, or an exam that is outside of the EPC hours, do not schedule on Clockwork. Instead:
• Email your Instructor detailing the conflict/need and requesting permission to take the exam at an alternative date and/or time - and copy (cc:) the EPC at firstname.lastname@example.org Instructors must inform the EPC Coordinator of their permission in order for an appointment to be booked.
• Email the instructor’s written permission to the EPC, email@example.com, along with the following information:
Your name and student ID number
Exam Date you have permission for and your available start time
Course name and number
Accommodations needed for the exam
Duration of class exam (example- 50 minutes) - This is important to ensure that you are receiving the correct amount of additional time.