How to Register
Please complete the online intake form and submit your diagnostic documentation. A representative from Disability Services will contact you to inform you of your status and to set up an appointment with a Consumer Manager.
- Students who have self-disclosed a disability, registered with Disability Services and have provided the appropriate documentation, must meet with a Consumer Manager in order to receive accommodations and be referred for other services to which they may be entitled.
- Accommodations are made on a case by case basis and in keeping with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Consumer Managers are available to meet with prospective students, parents, guidance counselors, faculty and staff.
- Students who have a disability but do not anticipate a need for accommodations or services while at the University are also encouraged to register. Disability-related documentation is kept strictly confidential, and students can present documentation without requesting services or accommodations. Should an unanticipated need for services or accommodations arise, Disability Services can begin to assist the student without delay if their disability-related documentation is already on file.
- Diagnostic documentation can be mailed, faxed or scanned to the following addresses: (US Mail) Disability Services, Attn: Ben Ostiguy, 161 Whitmore Administration Building, 181 Presidents Drive, Amherst, MA 01003-9313, (Email) email@example.com or (FAX) 413-577-0122.
- For more information on documentation guidelines.