The Student Care Supply Closet provides free toiletries/personal care items and household items to students who are facing economic insecurity and/or an unexpected financial emergency to help offset the cost for other basic needs. Any student who is in need is eligible to use this resource.
- We aim to provide a 1-month supply of items. The supply closet fields a large number of requests per week, so we are unable to fill more than one request per student per month.
- While we do our best to fill orders with the specific items requested, we cannot guarantee the availability of items nor can we guarantee the specific brand of any items.
- Staff reserve the right to omit items as necessary or substitute them when able.
- While we stock many items, we are not able to provide trash bags, razors, alcohol (such as isopropyl alcohol), laundry detergent, dishwasher pods, bleach, or food items.
Requesting your Items:
The process around requesting and receiving your items has changed since COVID, and we ask students to read the instructions they receive via email carefully. To make a request, click the shopping sheet icon below, fill out the shopping sheet, and wait for a staff member to reach out to you to schedule your pick-up.
Notice Effective January 4, 2023
Due to an increased demand and limited resources, the Student Supply Closet has amended its policies.
Going forward, currently enrolled students will be eligible for one request from the Supply Closet per two months. This equates to two requests per semester.
For the month in between these full-size requests, currently enrolled students are able to receive a limited pickup consisting of necessities including:
- 1 bar of “no preference” soap
- 1 bottle of hand soap
- 1 travel size hand sanitizer
- 1 tube of travel-size toothpaste
- 1 pack of menstrual products
- 1 travel size pack of tissues
- 1 roll of toilet paper
- For students with infants, 1 pack of diapers
These changes will be reflected in the Shopping Sheet upon its reopening in January. Thank you for your cooperation in this new way of operating.
Picking up your Items:
- Students must schedule a pickup within two weeks of receiving the email and follow instructions to make an appointment.
- Students are given two attempts to pick up their items at the scheduled appointment time. Outside of extenuating circumstances, students that are unable to pick-up after two weeks will have to wait until the next month to submit a new request.
- Students will check-in in Whitmore 227 (the Dean of Students Office) and need to present their UCard to the staff at the front desk to ensure the correct items are given to the correct person.
Upcoming Supply Closet Closures: Pick-ups will not be available for the following dates due to Campus Closures, University Holidays, and/or Campus Break Times - please plan ahead if you will need items during these times:
- Tuesday, January 17th - No pick-ups available
- Tuesday, January 24th and 31st - Limited schedule due to staff hours
- Wednesday, February 22nd - Reduced schedule
- March 13-17 - Closed due to Spring Recess
- May 19th-25th - Reduced schedule during finals week
If you have any questions about the Student Care Supply Closet, please contact the Dean of Students Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.