The project involved the reconstruction of the Hasbrouck steam tunnel and replacement of steam piping and appurtenances. The project also included site improvements, the most significant being sets of stairs and accessible ramps from Hasbrouck to the Campus Center and ILC.
The portion of the Hasbrouck tunnel was built in 1934. The entire Hasbrouck tunnel was installed in 1958 and 1969. The old Hasbrouck building (north segment) was built in 1947. The concrete tunnel is now approximately 82 years old and was in existence approximately 27 years before the Hasbrouck Laboratory addition (south segment) was built over it in 1961.