YIS: Your Intervention Strategies represent bystander options to make a difference in our community.
“YIS Moments” are actions that help create a safe and welcoming community, such as:
- Supporting a friend through a hard time.
- Transforming our community through collective action, like advocating for policy change.
- Educating a friend when they say or do something harmful.
- Leading a direct response to prevent a violent situation from occurring.
- Empowering others to make a difference.
In honor of the Center for Women & Community’s (CWC) 50th Anniversary, CWC was delighted to launch the YIS Scholarship in the 2022 - 2023 Academic Year. The CWC YIS Scholarship asks students to share a time they stepped in as a bystander to help our UMass Amherst community.
Stay tuned for the 2023-2024 academic year scholarship application, which will be open to current undergraduate UMass students of any major who will still be enrolled Fall 2024.