Join us Online for our Virtual Summer Program
June 9th – July 9th 2020 most Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6-8pm
Interested in violence prevention and building community? Join us for a free online student leadership training to learn about best practices in violence prevention, principles of trauma-informed work, and how to work effectively with others.
- Explore ways to prevent sexual violence in our community.
- Explore your particular skills and interest areas.
- Using the ecological model, learn about many approaches and strategies to end violence.
- Practice how to help a friend who has experienced sexual violence.
- Learn about trauma-informed practice and how it informs violence prevention.
- Build coalitions across all strategies for preventing violence.
Who can participate? Current and emerging student leaders who were in high school during the 2019-2020 academic year, who live or attend school in Hampshire County, and are interested in sexual and relationship violence prevention are welcome to apply.
What kind of technology do I need? This virtual interactive summer program will include a mix of online one-on-one meetings, small group work, and program-wide learning that will use Zoom and Microsoft Teams. If you have internet access and a webcam you will be able to participate.
How do I apply? Space is limited. If interested, please fill out the application here by our priority deadline of 6/4. Note that students must apply and be accepted to attend this program.