Will you accept the challenge to support survivors & a violence-free community?
- Choose your challenge: either as an individual or team.
- Raise awareness and/or money for the free Sexual Assault Support, Advocacy and Prevention Services provided by the Center for Women and Community (CWC) to our community.
- Support survivors of sexual assault and a violence-free community.
What will your challenge be?
Personalize your individual or team challenge! Your challenge can be fun, creative, relaxing or physical. You can better yourself, your community, and just have fun... whatever speaks to you!
You want to run a 10k? Go for it!
Do you want something a bit more out of the box? Consider some of these...
- Hike the 7 Sisters with your team
- Knit a funky hat
- Build something for your home
- Spring clean a neighbor's yard who can use a hand
- Run, walk, or bike a 10K
- Host a plant swap
- Host a Mario Kart tournament to raise funds
- Learn something new - like a yoga flow, or an app
- Try a new skateboard or roller skating trick
- Read a book
- Flip something you thrifted
- Or, choose your own!
BEFORE CHALLENGE DAY:
using the Challenge Social Media Kit
Prepare for your Challenge,
and then Raise Funds*
and/or Spread the Word
CHALLENGE DAY(April 24th, 2021)
Share Your Challenge &
Come Together for a Community Gathering at 7PM
*Fundraising toolkit, including a personal/team fundraising link, will be e-mailed to those who indicated wanting to raise funds on their sign up.
Participation Package Can Include...
- Commemorative Candle - either electronic or a scent-free candle.
- Social Media & Fundraising Toolkits
- Custom donation link
- Lawn signs and/or print materials
Accolades and Awards
We will honor exceptional challenges with “bragging rights,” including:
- Most Creative Challenge
- Most Money Raised
- Most People Reached (Likes/Shares)
- Most Miles Traveled
- Be the Good - Best Neighborly challenge
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS
The following local businesses generously donated to The First Annual CWC Community Challenge: Supporting Survivors and a Violence-Free Community:
Prosperity Candle Donation of 2021 CWC Challenge Commemorative Candles
Located in Easthampton, Prosperity Candle supports refugee women and artisans, while making awesome candles!
Big Y, Amherst gift card as prize donation
Locally owned making a sustainable difference by always providing the freshest ingredients and supporting the community.
Hampshire Bike Exchange 5 reusable water bottles each with a gift card inside
Offering a wide range of affordable services and packages as well as new and used bikes, Hampshire Bike Exchange is a great place to start your next biking adventure.
Bueno Y Sano gift cards for prizes and a financial contribution
Originally started in Amherst, Bueno Y Sano’s mission statement is to “make people happy” and they definitely do that with their delicious burritos.
Amherst Copy & Designworks A donation of print services
Helping customers with all of their green, eco-friendly printing needs using paper from well-managed sustainable forest land, Amherst Copy & Designworks guarantees happiness.
93.9 WRSI The River; Additional On-Air Event Advertising Free of Charge
93.9 The River plays adult alternative music while advertising local businesses and organizations throughout Massachusetts
Interested in sponsoring/supporting this event? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org