Forward FOCUS (Feedback on Course Understanding and Skills) is an end-of-course survey developed by the UMass Center for Teaching and Learning. Forward FOCUS is:
- Forward-looking: What worked for you and your students this semester, and how can you use that information to re-envision your teaching of this course in the future?
- Focused on student understanding and opportunity for skill development. What were the most valuable things that students learned in your course?
- Strengths-based and sensitive to academic disruption: What worked before the academic disruption, and why? What worked after the disruption and why?
- Modifiable: You can add, delete, or modify questions to fit your course.
Forward FOCUS is available to send to your students through Moodle and Blackboard.
- Learn more about the Forward FOCUS and how its administered
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Forward FOCUS
- Guidelines for administering the Forward FOCUS to students (e.g., increasing response rates)
- Explore ways to view and use student responses to Forward FOCUS to improve your course