My research interests include development of novel quantitative optical sensing and imaging devices for clinical translation, and preclinical and clinical applications of optical technologies in imaging brain function, renal physiology, cancer therapy, and tissue engineering. Specific imaging modalities include: optical coherence tomography (OCT), laminar optical tomography (LOT), and multiphoton microscopy (MPM).
1. Evaluation of transplant kidney viability using non-destructive OCT imaging and automatic image analysis;
2. Depth-resolved imaging of drug distribution in murine tumor models;
3. Development of standardized testing methods for evaluation of optical imaging / sensing systems.
- BS in Physics, Peking University 1997
- PhD in Bioengineering, University of Pennsylvania 2003
- Postdoc, MIT 2003-2007