Xian Du's research focuses on the scale up of advanced manufacturing processes from lab to industry which requires high-precision in-line inspection and pattern recognition technologies for quality control. Micro-scale and nano-scale inspections in a large area with high throughput can facilitate metrology and inspection during manufacturing at low costs and high speeds.
The quantitative assesment of clinical images requires automatic, accurate, and robust computation tools in medical devices for detection and description of biomarkers.
1. Online inspection and feedback control of flexible electronics printing process.
2. 3D segmentation and and point pattern matching and tracking of medical images such as a MRI of the muscle.
- PhD in Manufacturing Systems and Technology from the Singapore-MIT Alliance at the National University of Singapore, 2007
- CNRS Postdoctoral Fellow at CREATIS lab in France
- Louisiana EPSCoR RII Fellow at Louisiana Tech University
- Research scientist at MIT