Dr. Xian Du received his Ph.D. degree in the program of Innovation of Manufacturing Systems and Technology from the Singapore-MIT Alliance. Dr. Xian Du is a recipient of the 2020 NSF Career award. His current research focuses on the scale-up of the roll to roll manufacturing processes from lab to industry which requires high-precision in-line inspection and pattern recognition technologies for quality control. Micro-scale and nano-scale inspections in a large area with high throughput can facilitate metrology and inspection during manufacturing at low costs and high speeds. Meanwhile, he has research interests in the quantitative assessment of clinical images that require automatic, accurate, and robust computation tools in medical devices for detection and description of biomarkers.
1. Online inspection and feedback control of flexible electronics printing process.
2. 3D segmentation and and point pattern matching and tracking of medical images such as a MRI of the muscle.
- PhD in Manufacturing Systems and Technology from the Singapore-MIT Alliance at the National University of Singapore, 2007
- CNRS Postdoctoral Fellow at CREATIS lab in France
- Louisiana EPSCoR RII Fellow at Louisiana Tech University
- Research scientist at MIT