My research interests broadly reside in the intersection between nursing, philosophy, history, and activism informed by science and technology studies.
- Fellow, University of California Irvine Center for Nursing Philosophy 2021-2022
- Posthumanism and New Materialism Intensive Summer Institute, University of Utrecht Summer 2021
- PhD in Nursing, with distinction, Augusta University 2020
- MSN in Community-based Nurse-Midwifery Education Program, Frontier Nursing University 2015
- MSN in Clinical Nurse Leader, Medical College of Georgia 2009
- MA in Women’s History, Sarah Lawrence College 2006
- BS in Science, Technology and Culture, Georgia Institute of Technology 2004
My current research efforts examine the intersection between nursing - a form of healthcare delivery - and philosophy. I am preparing for a large-scale philosophical study on ethics as a practice in nursing using a framework of critical posthumanism. This relates to the CPHM because, in the provision of healthcare, nurses are frequently engaged with personalized health monitoring in technologically-mediated ways from before admission to after discharge and even in primary care settings.