Here is your guide to success with CPE's online courses.
Things You'll Need
- Basic computer skills
- Access to a computer (Mac or PC)
- Ability to connect to the internet
- Modern web browser
- Speakers or headphones may be required
First of all, you'll need a UMass Amherst NetID. Think of your NetID as your driver’s license to get not only into your course but also to use a variety of UMass Amherst services
SPIRE manages class registration and students records at UMass Amherst. You’ll need to use your NetID to log into SPIRE.
Blackboard user accounts and enrollment data are derived from SPIRE. Users with questions about their account or enrollment status in a Blackboard course should log into SPIRE to confirm that they are enrolled.
- can request their Blackboard course section for an upcoming semester by following these steps in SPIRE
- can obtain Blackboard training and get help with instructional design
- can attend a virtual orientation or want to review resources for taking a course in Blackboard.
24/7 technical assistance (chat, email, phone, knowledgebase) is available to all students and faculty at supportcenter.embanet.com/uma
Faculty and staff with general questions about Blackboard at UMass Amherst should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technical support for Moodle classes is provided by UMass Amherst Information Technology (IT)
Hoonuit (previously Atomic Learning)
Short, easy-to-use web-based tutorials on more than 250 common software and operating systems, including Adobe Creative Suite, Google Drive, Mac OS X, Microsoft Office Suite, Twitter, Windows, and more!
Available to all UMass Amherst students, faculty, and staff with a UMass Amherst IT NetID (username) and password.
Once you have logged in, use the search term “Blackboard” to see a list of tutorials.