Get a jump on Spring! Enrollment opens Nov. 5th
Check back often for new offerings. Find a Class


Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

We're excited that you're ready to enroll!

Have questions? Please review these guides:

Or email us at or call 413-545-3653.

New or Returning Students

new student is one who has applied for admission to a program but wishes to take classes before their official admit term, or a non-degree student who wishes to take a class.

A returning (or inactive) student has an academic record at UMass Amherst, but has not taken classes recently.

NOTE: Wednesday, September 12 - last day to submit a non-degree enrollment application (form in Step 2 below) for Fall 2018 classes.

Step 1: Review exceptions (below) to determine if any apply 

Step 2: Complete this form. Within two business days, you will be emailed credentials which will allow you to log into SPIRE (our student information system).

Step 3: Log into SPIRE to get a CPE Enrollment Appointment.

Step 4: Self-enroll in CPE classes in SPIRE. Click for a tutorial.

Current Students

If you are an active student, please register for classes in SPIRE.

Step 1: Review exceptions (below) to determine if any apply

Step 2: Log in to get a CPE Enrollment Appointment.

Step 3: Self-enroll in CPE classes


  • Undergraduate, on-campus in Fall/Spring classes - Campus undergraduates are not able to self-enroll in CPE classes in SPIRE. Click here to access enrollment form.
  • Student who is ONLY enrolling in Non-Credit classes, click here
  • Student enrolling in:
    • Winter School for Turf Managers, click here
    • Power Up for College Success (UNIVRSTY 191A) - Contact Power Up
    • MTEL Prep Workshops - call 413-545-2701
    • Students wishing to enroll in Non-CPE (University-scheduled) classes, click here


    Review our Enrollment FAQs or contact the CPE Registration Office at or call 413-545-3653 or 800-922-8211

    State Residency Disclaimer

    We regret that UMass Amherst cannot enroll residents of AL, AR, or OR in online classes.
    Learn More

    Hit Enter to search or "ESC" to close

    Class Search

    Use our interactive class finder to search by subject, program, term, and more!

    Quick Links

    Looking for important dates? Or do you need to fill out a specific form?

    Search UMass Amherst

    Find info from across all UMass Amherst departments and programs.