Special Topics- Modeling Wind Turbines with the FAST Code
In this course, students will learn how to use the FAST code to simulate wind turbines. FAST is a free, open-source code created by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory. It models the aerodynamics, structural dynamics, hydrodynamics, and control of a wind turbine. Students will learn how to download and run FAST, how to generate and modify input files, and how to analyze output data. At the end of the course students should be highly competent users of FAST, ready to perform loads and energy generation analysis and try out new design modifications of their own.
Please note, out-of-state pricing may apply for matriculated campus students. See SPIRE for details.
Term Fee: $47
Class Fee: $
Materials fee may apply. See SPIRE for details
- Start date: June 24, 2019
- End date: August 21, 2019
- Last day to add: June 30, 2019
- Last day to drop: June 30, 2019
- Last day to withdraw: July 31, 2019
- 100% through last day to add
- 50% through last day to withdraw
- 0% after last day to withdraw