To give students a fundamental understanding of basic principles in engineering mechanics. Topics include force systems, the principle equilibrium of forces in two and three dimensional space, free-body diagram, centroid and moment of inertia of a solid body, etc. The fundamental principles are applied to solve problems of civil engineering systems, such as beam, truss and frame. Prerequisite: MATH 132. Corequisites: Physics 151 & 153.
Please note, out-of-state pricing may apply for matriculated campus students. See SPIRE for details.
Term Fee: $47
Class Fee: $
Materials fee may apply. See SPIRE for details
- Start date: May 20, 2019
- End date: July 19, 2019
- Last day to add: May 26, 2019
- Last day to drop: May 26, 2019
- Last day to withdraw: June 26, 2019
- 100% through last day to add
- 50% through last day to withdraw
- 0% after last day to withdraw