Community College Foundations
Contemporary community colleges are uniquely situated, serving students in higher education who come from varied backgrounds, and fulfill an array of social and economic roles in a complex global economic environment. This course offers a foundational overview of community colleges, including organization, leadership, governance, finance, administration and student/faculty demographics. We will review the history of community colleges and their evolution from the turn of the 20th century, discuss leadership in community colleges and consider current issues and decisions facing administrators of higher education working in community colleges today.
Please note, out-of-state pricing may apply for matriculated campus students. See SPIRE for details.
Term Fee: $47
Class Fee: $
Materials fee may apply. See SPIRE for details
- Start date: September 3, 2019
- End date: December 11, 2019
- Last day to add: September 16, 2019
- Last day to drop: September 16, 2019
- Last day to withdraw: October 29, 2019
- 100% through last day to add
- 50% through last day to withdraw
- 0% after last day to withdraw