Introduces students to the anatomy and the physical and mechanical properties of wood, a beautiful, renewable, and structurally efficient material. Deterioration and its prevention are discussed. The course provides an overview of wood-based products and exposes students to structural systems in wood. Basic lab techniques for physical measurement and mechanical testing are introduced by conducting and analyzing laboratory experiments.
Please note, out-of-state pricing may apply for matriculated campus students. See SPIRE for details.
Term Fee: $47
Class Fee: $
Materials fee may apply. See SPIRE for details
- Start date: September 4, 2018
- End date: December 12, 2018
- Last day to add: September 17, 2018
- Last day to drop: September 17, 2018
- Last day to withdraw: October 30, 2018
- 100% through last day to add
- 50% through last day to withdraw
- 0% after last day to withdraw