Alpha Sigma Lambda Honor Society
The Alpha Sigma Lambda National Honor Society was established in 1946 to honor superior scholarship and leadership in adult students. It was the first—and remains the only—chapter-based honor society established specifically to honor both full-time and part-time adult students who are pursuing their undergraduate degrees.
The aim of Alpha Sigma Lambda is to provide recognition to highly motivated adult students who are continuing their undergraduate education while managing the competing responsibilities of home, career, community, family, and education.
Alpha Sigma Lambda awards scholarships to assist adult learners financially while they work to complete their undergraduate degree.
Consider submitting an application if you:
- completed 24 semester hours of graded coursework at UMass Amherst. (This does not include transfer credits.)
- achieved a grade point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale on all work taken at UMass Amherst.
- are enrolled in an associate or a baccalaureate degree program at UMass Amherst.
- have a financial need for assistance to complete the degree.
Check this page for application information, deadlines, and upcoming events!
- 2018 Class of the Alpha Sigma Lambda Honor Society
- 2017 Class of the Alpha Sigma Lambda Honor Society
Alpha Sigma Lambda awards scholarships to assist adult learners financially while earning an undergraduate degree. Any UMass Amherst student who has achieved specific criteria may apply. Visit the Alpha Sigma Lambda scholarship page for information on how to apply.
The Alpha Sigma Lambda Pledge
I promise to uphold the ideals and further the aims of Alpha Sigma Lambda, believing that by so doing I shall increase my value to my university and to my community.