Effective Monday March 16 through summer 2020 semester
The UMass Amherst Center for Counseling and Psychological Health (CCPH) remains committed to supporting student wellbeing and resilience. In light of the campus transition to online course delivery, as well as recommendations from the CDC and the Massachusetts Governor’s Office to limit personal contact to reduce the risk of infection, CCPH is implementing the following temporary service changes.
These changes are now in effect:
- CCPH is providing telehealth services for students. Please call 413-545-2337 to speak with our staff, or reach out to your provider directly via the Medicat Patient Portal. For new clients, if you are looking for a consultation with CCPH, you can call (413) 545-2337 after 8:30 am for a same day first appointment. Appointments are booked throughout the day until filled. At the end of your appointment, we’ll discuss if telehealth services are an appropriate form of counseling for you and review your options, which may include a referral to a workshop or group, follow up appointments at CCPH and/or referrals to other community resources.
Routine psychotherapy and psychiatry appointments for existing clients will be conducted by video or phone. Your provider will send you a secure message via the patient portal with your unique zoom session link and password. Don't have an account? Visit the Medicat Patient Portal to create one. Prior to your first video session, please submit your CCPH Consent to Telehealth under CCPH Forms in the Patient Portal. Log in to your account and click on “Consent to Telehealth”; read and electronically sign.
If your appointments are by phone, then your provider will call you at your scheduled appointment time. Please be sure your contact number is updated in SPIRE and that your phone is set up to accept calls from a blocked number.
- All groups and workshops will run for the duration of the Summer 2020 semester unless otherwise noted. Students who have graduated or are not currently enrolled in classes are still eligible to participate. Check out our Workshops and Groups page for more information.
CCPH remains available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year for mental health emergencies.
• In a life-threatening situation, call 911.
• For non-life threatening situations, please call 877-831-7421 to speak to the on-call clinician.
- For new clients seeking a medication consultation with a psychiatric provider, CCPH asks that you go through the same day first appointment process, and at the end of that appointment, your clinician will help refer you to a CCPH psychiatric provider or referral to other resources.