Updated June 10, 2021
University-related Travel by UMass Amherst Employees and Students
This is the latest university-related travel guidance. The university is following the Massachusetts COVID-19 Travel Information, which includes the following:
If you are fully vaccinated, you can resume pre-pandemic activities including travel within the United States.
Fully vaccinated people can resume activities without wearing a mask or physically distancing, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance. If you haven’t been vaccinated yet, visit vaxfinder.mass.gov.
For recommendations related to travel, please consult the CDC pages below:
- Domestic Travel During COVID-19 | CDC
- International Travel During COVID-19 | CDC
- When NOT to Travel: Avoid Spreading COVID-19 | CDC
Domestic and international travel by UMass Amherst employees and students
University-related Travel to Domestic Destinations
Effective June 10, 2021, travel restrictions to domestic destinations have been lifted. University-related travel to domestic destinations requires standard travel authorization prior to commencing travel.
- All approved domestic travel must be entered in the Travel Registry, whether or not reimbursement is requested.
- All travelers are encouraged to consult and follow the CDC’s guidelines and requirements for travel.
- Travelers are responsible for following any governmental or public health directives in effect at their destination.
University-related Travel to International Destinations
University-related international travel continues to be restricted for faculty, staff and students. Please see the Traveling Abroad section of the International Programs Office (IPO) website for current information.