Student Support

Student Support

Updated March 19, 2021

Career Services

The University Career Centers are available with online resources, job and internship postings, and phone or Skype appointments. Contact Career Services at, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.

CARES Act Emergency Financial Aid Grant

The Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act provides emergency funds to universities, including UMass Amherst, to directly support students whose lives and educations have been disrupted by the COVID-19 outbreak. This federal funding is designed to prioritize students with the greatest need. More information about the CARES Act.

Center for Counseling and Psychological Health

The Center for Counseling and Psychological Health (CCPH)  is providing mental health services by phone and on Zoom.  See the CCPH website for more information.

Center for Women and Community

The Center for Women and Community (CWC) is available to online and by phone. Email and see the CWC site for more information. If you are in immediate danger, call 911.

Dean of Students

The Dean of Students Office and Student Conduct and Community Standards Office are maintaining operations and services. Visit the Dean of Students site for more information.

Microgrants and Short Term Emergency Loans 

The Undergraduate Student Emergency Grant Program and the Foster Student Success Fund Grant (Microgrant) provides emergency microgrants to matriculated undergraduate students experiencing unexpected financial emergencies, hardship, and/or unforeseen personal/family emergencies. Apply for a microgrant.

The Dean of Students Office also extends short-term loans to matriculated undergraduate and graduate students for temporary financial emergencies, hardship, and/or unforeseen personal/family emergencies. Apply for an emergency loan.

Off Campus Student Life

The Off Campus Student Center is closed to all in-person visitors until further notice. This includes any walk-in advising. The Center is still available by email at and will respond within one business day. See the Off Campus Student Life site for more information.

Ombuds Office

The Ombuds Office is operating remotely, available by phone, email, and video conference. Contact the officeMonday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 413-545-0867 or at See the Ombuds site for more information.


On March 17, 2021, the Recreation Center and Curry Hicks Pool both reopened and are available to students who show proof of compliance with university COVID-19 testing protocols via a green check mark in their Campus Health Hub app. Please visit the Campus Recreation site for more information, incuding current hours of operation.

Religious and Spiritual Life

The Office of Religious and Spiritual Life can be contacted at

Stonewall Center

The Stonewall Center is accessible remotely. If you need support or assistance, please reach out by email or Facebook or leave a message at 413-545-4826.