One-Stop Guide: Key Dates and Campus Contacts
Announcement of the Spring Semester 2021 Plan allows students the time needed to meet with their academic advisor, plan their course schedule, and, if they are one of the cohorts invited to live on campus, choose a housing assignment.
Course Registration for all Undergraduates
Advisors are currently scheduling appointments with students to discuss course offerings. Students are encouraged to meet with their advisor or college advising center if they have any questions. Check your SPIRE Student Center for details. More information about advising
Spring semester courses are listed in SPIRE. Information about whether a course will be delivered “Face-to-Face” or “Fully Remote” is listed under Room Location.
- Monday, Nov. 2, 2020: Student course registration officially begins, with seniors first in the process.
- Wednesday, Nov. 18, 2020: The last day of enrollment appointments for first-year students, and course registration officially ends. Students can continue to add and drop courses through the conclusion of the Add/Drop period on Friday, Feb. 12, 2021.
- The Spring 2021 Semester will begin on Monday, Feb. 1. This two-week delay will put us further along into the traditional flu season in Massachusetts, and perhaps even near the end of it. Starting two weeks later than normal will also provide more time for outdoor opportunities and activities in warmer weather.
On-Campus Housing Selection
- First-year and transfer students admitted for Fall 2020 will be contacted the week of Oct. 26 to participate in room selection.
- First-year and transfer students admitted for Spring 2021 will be contacted following their Candidate Reply Date of Dec, 15, 2020.
- All other students invited to live on campus should visit Residential Life for additional information about the room selection process for Spring semester, which will take place between Monday, Nov. 9 and Friday, Nov. 20, 2020.
- Students dependent on UMass for housing and dining, including international students, as well as students requiring specific academic accommodations or those participating in athletics, will be offered the opportunity to live on campus.
Go Direct: Find the Right Office for Your Questions
- Email: email@example.com (customer service) firstname.lastname@example.org (document submission only)
- Phone: 413-545-0801
Information Technology (IT)
International Programs Office
- Email: email@example.com (international students/visas) firstname.lastname@example.org (study abroad)
- Phone: 413-545-2710
Learning Resource Center (Academic Support)
- Email: LRC@umass.edu
- Front Desk Zoom Link: umass-amherst-zoom.us/s/94650898475 / Meeting ID 946 50898475
Office of the Bursar (Bills and Payments
Public Health Promotion Center (COVID-19 Testing)
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 413-577-8888
Student Affairs and Campus Life
Can't find what you're looking for? Write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated Oct. 23, 2020