At indoor events at UMass Amherst, masks are welcome but not required. We encourage everyone to respect the choices that individuals make about their own masking.
Event organizers should make hand sanitizer available at entrances and exits of indoor event venues.
Organizers should ensure that venue permitted capacities are not exceeded.
Attendees should stay home if they are feeling ill, particularly if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, including:
- Temperature over 100.3F
- New loss of smell or taste
- Muscle aches
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Congestion or runny nose
- Gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite
Attendees should also stay home if they have:
- Been placed in quarantine for possible contact with COVID-19
- Been directed to self-isolate or quarantine by a health care provider or public health official
- Are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test
This is an update of guidance originally published on Oct. 3, 2021