Outdoor campus spaces are open to the public and face coverings are optional. Everyone visiting campus must wear face coverings when indoors and follow campus COVID-19 health and safety requirements. People experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 should not to come to campus.
Requirements for Vendors, Contractors and Persons Conducting Business on Campus
1. This document explains how the UMass Amherst vaccination mandate applies to the following:
- Emeriti/ae faculty
- Temporary employees hired through agencies
- Visiting scholars
- Visiting scientists
- Other individuals conducting business or campus-based activities
2. Vaccination is not required for short-term, low-frequency, or low-contact visitors and vendors.
This category includes:
- Casual visitors to campus who stay for less than one day
- Contractors vendors who stay for less than on average one day per week
- Admission visitors / athletic recruits
3. Vaccination is required
Those listed in item 1 above must certify that their employees working on the UMass Amherst campus are vaccinated or, if falling under religious or medical exemption, are being tested weekly. Individuals must be prepared to show proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test result upon request.
You can also test at a location of your choice or use the free observed or unobserved testing service available on campus.